Speedpainting

I need to get into the habit of doing proper studies and thumbnails. As part of that I spent Tuesday lunchtime attempting some speedpaintings. I gave myself an hour and a half to paint 3 images, with distinctly different color palettes, subject matter, and compositions. As evidenced above it didn’t turn out perfectly. The first two images are solid enough, but the subject matter falls well within my comfort zone. They also took slightly longer than intended at around 35 mins each. The 3rd image was my attempt at a character design. However I clearly need to get back to basics with facial structure and anatomy. I was completely lost attempting this without reference, and barely managed a rough outline in the 20 minutes remaining.