At the final crit we all gave anonymous feedback to each others work. Here are the responses I got for mine:
The most common criticisms were focused on the music, which was highly divisive with some people claiming it fit the action well and others insisting the opposite. Unfortunately changing the music would necessitate a re-edit, which I’m not sure I have the time for so close to the deadline. I will however look into other tracks and possibly swap the music before the end of year show.
Here is an updated version of the video with some of the feedback from the final crit taken onboard. There are lots more changes I’d like to make but which aren’t feasible in the remaining time.
I resolved to finish off the video at home today. With the crit imminent I figured that most, if not all, or the machines would be taken up by people rendering or just finishing off work. However my software access is limited. I spent considerable time and effort trying to edit sounds using audacity and windows movie maker. Eventually I went back to After Effects and found that it had enough audio tools to get the job done.
Looking into music and sound effects sites earlier helped a lot, and I’ve been building up a small library of sounds I though might be useful. Below is the finished version I intend to present at the final crit.
I started bringing everything into After Effects and working out the different shots. The version above was rendered before I’d completed the final image and has some unfortunate dead space at the end. Below is a more recent version with some of the issues corrected.
This close up of the demon is the closing shot of the animation. Even with the deadline fast approaching, I wanted to spend enough time to do this shot justice. Hopefully the impact will be worth the extra effort.